How do I request money on Chime?
- Log in to your Chime mobile app.
- Tap the Pay Friends button on the bottom navigation bar
- Tap "Search People”.
- Enter the name, phone number or email of the person who you want to request money from. The recipient must also be a Chime member.
- Enter the amount of money you want to receive and write a brief description.
- Tap "Request".
What happens when I request money on Chime?
When you send a request for money using Chime, your friend will receive either an email or SMS message from Chime. This message will contain a link to their Chime mobile app that they can use to make the payment to your Chime account. Once your friend pays your request, the money will be instantly deposited into your Chime account.
Can I request money from someone who doesn’t have a Chime account?
No, you can only request money from people who already have a Chime account. You can invite others to join Chime. You will be able to request money from them when they join Chime and are able to use Pay Friends.
Is there a fee to request money on Chime?
No, there is no fee to request or send money using Chime. That’s right! That’s how we do things here at Chime :)
Do requests expire?
Yes, an unpaid Pay Friends request will automatically cancel after 14 days.
What happens if I block a friend on Chime?
If you’re receiving unwanted comments, requests or payments from a Chime member, you have the option to block them in the app. When you receive a request for money from a user, simply decline the request and tap “Block this person”. Blocked users will not be notified that they have been blocked.
If you block someone you will not be able to:
- Send or Receive money from each other or
- Request money from each other
If you want to unblock this person, contact Chime’s customer support.