Do you have a fee-free ATM network?
Yes. We have over 38,000 fee-free ATMs nationwide through our partners, MoneyPass and Visa Plus Alliance.
To find an ATM near you, use the Chime mobile app or go online to www.chime.com to visit our ATM Finder.
If you are using app version 3.4 or later, the ATM Finder identifies an additional 32,000 cash-back locations at major merchants across the US such as Walmart, CVS, Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, and major grocery chains like Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and Safeway.
What are the cash withdrawal limits?
- ATMs -- You can withdraw up to $500 per day at any ATM.
However, there is a $2.50 fee every time you make a withdrawal from an ATM outside the MoneyPass network. Additionally, the out-of-network ATM provider may charge you an additional fee at their discretion.
- Banks and Credit Unions -- You can request a cash withdrawal by going into a bank or credit union and presenting your Chime Visa Debit Card to the teller. This is referred to as an Over-The-Counter Withdrawal. There is a $2.50 fee every time you withdraw cash this way with a limit of up to $500.00 per day.
Any fees incurred including ATM and Over-The-Counter Withdrawals, funds withdrawn at a POS, and purchases are all subject to the $2,500 maximum amount that can be spent using the card per day.
ATM owner-operators, merchants, and participating banks may impose their own lower limits and fees on cash withdrawals.
Can I make a deposit at an ATM?
Chime does not accept deposits of any kind from an ATM.
You can deposit cash to your Chime Spending Account at over 60,000 retail locations with GreenDot:
- Ask the cashier to add cash directly to your Chime Spending Account at the register.
- You can deposit a maximum of $1,000.00 per 24 hours or $10,000.00 per month.
Third-party money transfer services used to deposit funds to your Chime Spending Account may impose their own fees and have daily, weekly or monthly limits per transaction, and limits on the frequency or amount of cash you may load to the Chime Spending Account.
For any troubleshooting or issues depositing cash, contact Green Dot at 1-866-795-7597.
What happens if I was accidentally charged an ATM fee?
If you were accidentally charged an ATM fee at an in-network MoneyPass ATM, let us know by sending us a message from the Chime mobile app or sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll look into the issue and credit your account for any mistake.
How can I get cash back when I make a purchase?
If you are using app version 3.4 or later, the ATM finder also identifies 32,000 cash-back locations at major merchants across the US such as Walmart, CVS, Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, and major grocery chains like Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and Safeway.
To get cash back at these locations with no fee:
- You must request cash back at the time of purchase at the register
- Verify that there is no fee at the time of purchase as retailers may change their cash back policies from time-to-time.
How much cash can I get back at the register?
The maximum cash back amount allowed by the merchant varies by merchant. Generally, grocery stores allow for up to $100 cash back whereas drugstores like Walgreen’s and CVS allow for $40 cash back.
Is there a minimum purchase amount to get cash back?
Most merchants have a minimum purchase amount, and you should check with the merchant to verify.
Is there a fee to get cash back at the register?
Chime tries to include only those locations that have no fee for cash back with purchase. However, we recommend that you verify with the merchant or check the card reader screen at the register before finalizing your purchase to verify if there is a fee.
Can I withdraw from my Savings Account at an ATM?
Money from your Savings Account cannot be accessed at an ATM and can only be used after it is first transferred to your Spending Account.
You can complete six (6) transfers from your Savings Account to your Spending Account each month:
- Use the Chime mobile app or visit www.chime.com.
- Go to the Move Money - Transfers section to make the transfer.