How do I transfer money from an external account to my Chime Spending Account?
You can link an external account that you own to your Chime Spending Account:
- Log in to your online account at www.chime.com.
- Select Move Money
- Select Transfers.
- When you are prompted, enter the login credentials for your other bank (your external account).
Your external account will be instantly linked to your Spending Account.
Once your external account is linked, you can make transfers from the external account to your Spending Account:
- A maximum of $200.00 per day
- A maximum of $1,000.00 per month.
- Transferred funds will be available within five (5) business days.
Chime supports the following banks:
- Bank of America
- Wells Fargo
- US Bank
- PNC Bank
- Capital One 360
- TD Bank
- Navy Federal
- Charles Schwab
- Many others through Chime's integration with Plaid
How do I initiate a money transfer from my external account?
Many banks allow you to make transfers from their website.
If you have an external bank that offers this service:
- Log in to the bank's website.
- Add your Chime Spending Account information using the same routing and account information that you would use for direct deposit.
Why is my bank transfer taking so long?
Bank transfers are completed through ACH, which are only processed on business days (Monday through Friday, excluding any Federal holidays).
After a transfer is processed, Chime's bank partner asks that we hold the transfer for at least three (3) business days. Consequently, it takes a little less than a week to post the money to your Spending Account.
What are the transfer limits?
- Bank (ACH) transfers to the Spending Account that are initiated through Chime using the Chime mobile app or the website are limited to:
- A maximum of $200 per day
- A maximum of up to $1,000 per calendar month
- No limit to the number of times per day
- Cash loads have:
- A maximum of three (3) per day
- A limit of $1,000.00 per load per day
- A maximum of $10,000.00 per calendar month
- Chime does not impose a limit on bank transfers (ACH transfers) that are initiated from an external account. There is no limit to the number of times per day nor is there a maximum dollar limit. However, external banks may impose their own limits and fees.