What is Chime?
Chime offers a better way of banking — one that puts you in control of your money and helps you save money automatically.
A Chime Spending Account comes with a Chime Visa Debit Card and an optional Savings Account. Both accounts can be managed entirely from your smartphone with the Chime iPhone or Android app or at chimecard.com.
The Chime Spending Account is the core account you’ll use to deposit funds, transfers to other accounts, and make purchases with your Chime card. If you chose to open a Savings Account you also have the option of enrolling in our Automatic Savings program.
When you sign up at chimecard.com we send you a Chime Visa debit card in the mail. Chime has no monthly minimums or fees and 24,000+ fee-free ATMs.
The best way to bank with Chime and earn rewards is by setting up direct deposit with your employer, downloading the app and using Chime for all of your expenses. That way you can maximize your automatic savings and watch your Savings account balance increase.
Do I need a smartphone or the Chime Mobile App to have a Chime Spending Account?
You can open and manage your Chime Account online at chimecard.com, but you’ll get even more benefits when you use the Chime iPhone or Android app to manage all of your banking needs. Here are a few of the advantages of using the app:
- View available rewards to get instant cash back from nearby retailers
- Stay on top of your finances with daily notifications and real-time alerts any time your card is used
- Send money straight to your friends Chime account through our Pay with Friends feature
- Locate nearby fee-free ATMs
- Temporarily block your card in case you misplace it